STUDY ALABAMA (SA/CGEED) is a member driven not-for-profit organization incorporated (US IRS 501c3) in the State of Alabama. (For US IRS public record compliance documents scroll down)
Study Alabama is a member of the US Dept of Commerce Study State initiative with organizations in nearly every US state (see map and contact info on this link) and we as all of our sister organizations are also strongly supported by our own state departments of commerce and economic development entities.
LINKS TO MORE on Study Alabama: Governing Board, MEMBERSHIP Application, activities and historical information. For a Current membership listing.
For Study Alabama US IRS 50(c)3 public information file scroll down on this page.
The primary objectives of the organization are:
- To raise the profile of the state of Alabama higher education sector as a global study/research destination with a focus on international student enrollment and education abroad goals of the member institutions.
- To share expertise and experience in the field of global education and workforce development as well as to pool resources for the joint marketing of SA/CGEED member institutions and its programs related to international student, scholars and education abroad.
- To foster the creation of a more diverse learning environment to help Alabama students become more competitive in a global workplace.
- To foster awareness of the role of the Alabama Higher Education members in supporting economic development and international trade throughout the of State of Alabama and to encourage collaboration with the higher education sector by the US Dept of Commerce, Alabama Dept of Commerce and other local and regional commerce and economic development entities in the State of Alabama.
- To foster strategic partnerships and lasting relationships between Alabama local communities, government organizations, international organizations/businesses, students and scholars and Alabama education institutions.
- To collaborate in gaining greater access to government assistance (both state & federal) and private funding as well as in kind contributions to support the objectives of SA/CGEED and its members.
In February of 2015 SA/CGEED formed with the dissolution and incorporation of the ACIP (Alabama Council for International Programs) into the new organization. International education as a recognized element of Alabama higher education is historically rooted in the ACIP history which began in in 1984. Leadership for international education in the State of Alabama through advocacy, development, and implementation of shared goals has been a historical priority. The concept of Study Alabama arose from discussions within ACIP in 2004.
Click here for an abbreviated history of international education efforts across the state and of the organization.
Study Alabama Organizing Documents (US IRS 501c3 Public File)
|Date posted||Document title|
Study Alabama Legal Mailing Address and contact information.
Study Alabama (SACGEED)
Attn: SA Executive Director
c/o Division Director, International Trade Division
Alabama Dept. of Commerce
401 Adams Avenue, Suite 630
Montgomery, AL 36130-4106
|12/30/2015||Study Alabama Recorded Articles of Incorporation – State of Alabama|
|12/30/2015||Study Alabama Organizational Consent Document|
|12/30/2015||Study Alabama Bylaws (ORIGINAL, see below)
Study Alabama Bylaws as amended 9/29/2017 (as amended)
|12/30/2015||Study Alabama Conflict of Interest Policy|
|01/20/2016||US IRS EIN confirmation|
|05/18/2016||Study Alabama 501(c)(3) Application package submitted|
|08/18/2015||Study Alabama 501(c)(3) – IRS determination/approval notification|
|03/02/2017||State of Alabama Charitable Organization Registration Exemption filing|
|09/29/2017||Study Alabama Bylaws amendment 9/29/2017. (see bylaws above for complete bylaws as amended)|