1814 Cherry Drive
P.O. Box 1030
Lanett, Alabama 36863
Accreditation and Membership
Springwood School is dually accredited through 2021 by AdvancED and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS). AdvancEd is the largest community of education professionals in the world and the SAIS has over 350 member schools.
Springwood holds full membership with the SAIS and the Alabama Independent School Association (AISA) and is a general member of the Georgia Independent School Association (GISA).
Springwood School is certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). This certification allows Springwood to issue Forms I-20, to prospective international students after admitting them. International students use the Form I-20 to apply for a visa to enter the United States.
Ann Hixon, Director of Admissions & International Student Program
Springwood School has a forty-seven year tradition of excellence in college preparatory education. An independent day and boarding school, Springwood provides students with a strong academic education, but beyond that emphasizes values that are necessary for true success in today’s world.
In existence since 1970, Springwood School benefits from decades of success. Spring-wood sees current families and students that come from local and international locations embrace the culture of the school. Each day on Springwood’s campus, students come in contact with a multitude of strong academic instruction, technology and resources, as well as numerous opportunities in athletics and fine and performing arts. It is the desire of Springwood School to prepare the next generation of leaders so they are well-equipped for their life’s work. At Springwood, students graduate with so much more than a diploma!
As a college preparatory school, Springwood is dedicated to providing quality education in a nurturing environment, focusing on mind, body, and spirit. [read more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
Location and Community
Springwood School is centrally located in the Southeast region of the United States in Lanett, AL. The community includes the towns of Lanett and Valley, AL and West Point, GA. The area is located on Interstate 85, about 1 hour by car from the Atlanta International Airport (ATL).
Our temperate southern climate provides for year-round recreation and sightseeing opportunities. Lanett and the surrounding towns are filled with beautiful areas ideal for biking, hiking, swimming, horseback riding, running, canoeing, fishing and kayaking. The Chattahoochee River, West Point Lake, Lake Harding, the Point University Golf Course, the Valley Community Center, and Callaway Gardens offer these outside activities.
Point University is located in West Point, GA. This area is also known for the headquarters of the USA KIA car manufacturing plant. Southern Union State Community College is located in Valley, AL. Just a short drive away to the south is Auburn University. Other nearby colleges and universities include: LaGrange College, Georgia Tech, Emory University, Mercer University, University of Alabama, University of Georgia, University of Alabama Birmingham, Samford University, Birmingham Southern, Jacksonville State University, Troy University, and Columbus State University. Numerous restaurants, retail shops, cinemas and more are located throughout the area.
Springwood School is convenient to four major urban centers: Atlanta, GA (northeast), Columbus, GA (southeast), Birmingham, AL (northwest) and Montgomery, AL (southwest). [/read]
Primary K4-1st Grade & Elementary 2nd-6th Grade
Junior High 7th-8th Grade
High School 9th-12th Grade
Fine & Performing Arts
Media Center & Technology
Robotics – Springwood is affiliated with Auburn University BEST Program which inspires students to pursue careers in engineering, science, technology, and mathematics through robotics design.
Dual Enrollment – Springwood has dual enrollment agreements with Point University and Southern Union State Community College
Interim Experience – 3 days of travel, job shadowing, community service, field trips, and mini-courses during March instead of traditional classes.
Job-Shadowing – senior students intern in various professions of their choice during Interim days.
Wildcat Workday – Students and faculty perform community service projects throughout the area.
If yes, do you require international students to take an English proficiency test before beginning their university program?
See admission requirements: http://www.springwoodschool.com/apply-now.html
Springwood students consistently score above national and state averages on the SAT and ACT. At Springwood, Stanford Achievement Test scores by class typically average two to four years above grade level each year. Other testing given at Springwood includes the PSAT. Springwood students scored exceptionally well on last year’s ACT testing. All members of the Springwood Class of 2017 took the ACT test. The average ACT score of the Springwood students was 24.2 compared to the State of Alabama average ACT test score of 19.2 and the National average of 21.0. Springwood’s 2017 ACT scores demonstrate that the students were well prepared for college-level work.
Springwood International Summer ESL Camp is in July. The summer program includes ESL, Sport activities, Fine Arts activities, and Weekend excursions. The objective of the summer ESL program is to introduce international students to the culture, language, and way of life of the United States in a fun and creative way. We desire to help students improve their language skills and build their confidence about traveling and living abroad. SEE http://www.springwoodschool.com/summer-esl-program.html
Springwood School is located on the west side of Lanett, Alabama, in Chambers County. Springwood’s 46-acre campus includes the following buildings and facilities: New 32-Bed Residential Facility, Fine Arts Center, High School, Media Center, Elementary School, Primary – Kindergarten Building, Gymnasium, Football/Soccer Stadium, Baseball/Softball Fields, and Tennis Courts. Springwood offers students a beautiful, wooded, secluded campus which contributes to a safe environment for students and peace of mind for parents.
Successful Springwood School Alumni 5 of many)
• Noelle Wilkinson – Springwood Class of 2006 – Pennsylvania Public Defender – Graduate of Georgia Tech in International Affairs and Modern Language (Chinese) and Penn State (Juris Doctorate)
• David Frazier – Springwood Class of 2006 - Architect in New York City at Meyer Davis Studio - Graduate of Auburn University.
• Maria Troche - Springwood Class of 2005 from Paraguay–Acute Care Nurse Practitioner at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville - Samford University on a golf scholarship(undergraduate) and Vanderbilt University (Masters).
• Kathryn Turner – Springwood Class of 2005 – Copywriter for Flashpoint Medica in New York City – Graduate of University of Georgia (undergraduate) and University of Alabama at Birmingham (PhD).
• Celeste Troche Perez – Springwood Class of 1999 from Paraguay – Women’s Golf World Cup winner - Auburn University on a golf scholarship (undergraduate) - Ladies Professional Golf Association.
- Alumni 1999-2006
Successful Springwood School Alumni 5 of many)
• Maria Perez – Springwood Class of 1996 - Professional Songwriter, Vocalist and Recording Artist - Notre Dame Graduate (Literature and Cultural Anthropology).
• Chad Young - Springwood Class of 1992 – Author, Speaker, and Global National Director for Cru - Clemson University (Undergraduate) and Georgia Tech (Masters).
• Clayton Kendrick-Holmes - Springwood Class of 1988 - Head Coach at SUNY Maritime College in New York - United States Naval Academy graduate - Commander in the United States Naval Reserve.
• Dr. Drew. Ferguson IV – Springwood Class of 1985 – United States House Representative representing the 3rd Congressional District of Georgia - University of Georgia (undergraduate) and Medical College of Georgia (Dentistry).
• Murphy Wood – Springwood Class of 1983 - Civil War Historian, Educator, Lecturer, and Researcher - James Madison University (Masters).
- Alumni 1983-1996